Portuguese Level 5, Part 2
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 January 2024 To: 25 March 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 5, you will be be able to understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist technical with ease. You will be able to express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence and be able to refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
- Cinema, theatre and music
- Current political, economic and social developments
- Formulating and responding to value judgements
- Summarizing and responding to concrete and abstract statements
- Expressing opinions in a range of social situations
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
- Uses of time phrases in Indicative and Subjunctive
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Uses of present and past Subjunctive
- Expressions of hypothesis and probability
What will I achieve?
After successfully completing all three parts of this course, students will have achieved the equivalent of B2/C1 level of the CEFR, level 4 of the RQF.
Students will be able to progress onto Portuguese Level 6 at the King's Language Centre.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.