Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
By studying Russian Level 3, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have developed intercultural competence further.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Cultural life in Russia
- Sporting life in Russia
- Problems of modern Russia – health
- Education in Russia and the UK: which system is better?
- Food and Shopping
Functions may typically include:
- Talking about feelings and emotions
- Expressing opinions
- Expressing preferences
- Making complaints
- Understanding simple letters, e-mails, memos
- Giving advice
- Describing and comparing objects and events
Grammar may typically include:
- More on perfective and imperfective aspect of verbs
- Use of Subjunctive and Conditional moods
- How to form and use active participles
- Consolidation of the prepositions of time
What will I achieve?
When Russian Level 3 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.