Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
By studying Spanish Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary and have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Spanish speaking countries.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Interpersonal relationships
- Love relationships
- Our habits and quirks
- Arguments and counterarguments
- Architecture and interior design
Functions may typically include:
- Expressing personal interests and feelings
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
- Settling an argument
- Describing characteristics and functions of an object
- Expressing opinion
- Giving information
- Giving advice and making suggestions
Grammar may typically include:
- Verbs to express interest and feelings
- Me encanta + noun
- Me encanta + infinitive
- Me encanta que + Subjunctive
- Expressions of agreement and disagreement
- Other uses of Ser and Estar
- Relative sentences with Subjunctive
- Relative pronouns
- Conditional Tense
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 3 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.