Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Spanish Level 5, you will be able to understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist technical with ease, be able to express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence and be able to refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Literature and the arts in Spain and Latin America
- Indigenous cultures
- Festivities in Spain and Latin America
- Students will also be given the opportunity to present a topic of their own choice to discuss in class
Functions may typically include:
- Debating and using debate techniques
- Describing past events
- Giving advice and expressing likes, wishes and feelings
- Expressing probabilities and possibilities
- Distinguishing different types of prose
Grammar may typically include:
- The passive: gerund and past participle
- Uses of prepositions por & para
- Idioms expressions and proverbial expressions
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- False friends
- “If” clauses
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 5 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B2/C1 level of the CEFR, level 4 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.