Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 11 October 2023 To: 13 December 2023
By studying Spanish Level 6, you will be able to recognise the implicit meaning in written and spoken texts, be able to make presentations on various subjects, be able to express yourself spontaneously in complex situations, analyse written and/or spoken material and have improved your intercultural competence further by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Varieties of Spanish in Spain and Latin America
- Customs and Traditions
- Popular Beliefs
Functions may typically include:
- Idiomatic expressions used in Spain and Latin America. Differences
- Recognising cultural and linguistic similarities and differences between the various regions of Spain and Latin America
- Recognising and using irony
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision and consolidation of the Indicative and the Subjunctive moods
- “If” clauses: revision and consolidation
- Conditional: revision and consolidation
- Verbal Periphrasis
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 6 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of C1/C2 level of the CEFR, level 6 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.