Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Swedish Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures, be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding, be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary and have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Sweden.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Looking after the planet
- Environmental problems
- Protecting the environment
- Story telling
- Greatest enigmas of all times
- Mind power
Functions may typically include:
- Expressing probability in the present & the future
- Certainty vs uncertainty
- Expressing probability in the past
- Reporting a true or false statement
- Telling a story
Grammar may typically include:
- Verbs and formulas to express opinion
- Discourse markers
- Imperative: regular & irregular forms
- Expressions of doubt and certainty
- Future perfect
- Expressions of certainty & uncertainty
- Structures to express hypothesis
What will I achieve?
When Swedish Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.