Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

Go to…

Become a Residence Welfare Lead and live in King's Residences for free

Two students sat at a table discussing.

Are you enthusiastic and approachable? A good listener? Then why not apply to become a Residence Welfare Lead?

This is a great opportunity to join an award-winning team. You'll help provide out-of-hours wellbeing support to our resident students. In return, you’ll receive full training and live in King’s Residences free of rent and bills.

What does the job involve?

Residence Welfare Leads are live-in volunteers at King’s Residences who help promote positive wellbeing and provide support to students.

Before starting, you’ll receive training in Mental Health First Aid, Suicide Intervention, First Aid at Work, Sexual Violence Awareness and much more. You’ll join a group of like-minded individuals who are working together to make a positive difference to others.

Who can apply?

To be eligible, you must have the right to work in the UK from 1 August 2023. In addition, you must be enrolled on a course or employed by King’s from 1 August 2023 – 31 July 2024.

You must also be one of the following:

  • a postgraduate student on an MA/MSc or PhD course
  • an undergraduate student taking your second undergraduate degree (have completed an undergraduate degree already)
  • a member of staff at King’s (please note: staff at King’s Residences are not eligible to apply).

Where can I find out more?

Our ‘Becoming a Welfare Lead’ session offers a detailed insight into the volunteer role. These sessions are designed to give you a clearer idea of the benefits and challenges of the position and you will have the opportunity to hear about the lived experiences of current Resident Welfare Leads.

The next online session is on Monday 24 April 2023 at 17.30. Please visit King’s Accommodation: Jobs for details.

How can I apply?

Applications are open now until Friday 5 May 2023. A full job description and details of how to apply are available at King’s Accommodation Jobs.

Apply here if you’re a new applicant.

If you are a current Residence Welfare Lead, you can make a Volunteer Agreement Extension Application.