Have you sought help from KCLSU Advice? Would you like to give back to the King’s community by helping others?
Become a KCLSU Advice Mentor to develop your listening skills, boost your CV and support your fellow students.
Who can apply
Undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students are all welcome to apply.
To become a KCLSU Advice Mentor you must:
- be a current student
- be a King’s student in the 2023-24 academic year
- have had experience dealing with King’s academic procedures during your time as a student.
This role would suit people who are patient, responsible and good listeners.
This is a voluntary position. By becoming an Advice Mentor, you'll get the opportunity to develop your interpersonal skills and enhance your CV.
You’ll also receive:
- ongoing support and guidance from professional KCLSU staff
- personal development in engaging with people with complex circumstances
- 'Look After Your Mate Training', which can be used for other KCLSU initiatives
- eligibility for the King’s Mentoring Award, which goes on your HEAR record.
Please note that, by applying for this opportunity, your information will be shared with KCLSU Wellbeing. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Both Advice and Wellbeing staff have access to this inbox.