This year, Refugee Week is 19-25 June 2023 and we will be recognising the many ways that the King’s community is responding to the global issue of forced displacement and creating opportunities for forced migrants.
There will be a range of events throughout the week, including a day of Sanctuary Workshops on Thursday 22 June for students and staff to learn more about forced displacement and to discover ways to get involved.
If you would like to run an event during Refugee Week or have a story to share, contact Sanctuary@kcl.ac.uk
Find out more and sign up for Refugee Week Events at King’s
Sanctuary Workshops on Thursday 22 June
For Refugee Week 2023, the King’s Sanctuary Team are running a day of in-person workshops on various topics related to the global issue of forced displacement and access to higher education for forcibly displaced students and academics.
Participants will attend whole group sessions at the start and end of the day, and select from a list of workshops they would like to attend. By taking part in the Sanctuary Workshops, students and staff will learn more about forced displacement and discover ways they can support the many people impacted by this global issue. Participants will also have the opportunity to network with a wide range of people from across the university.
For further information, please see the Sanctuary Workshops outline.
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of the global issue of forced displacement and access to higher education for forcibly displaced students and academics.
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of the King’s Sanctuary Programme and how King’s is responding to the global issue of forced displacement.
- Enhance the ability of students and staff to respond to the global issue of forced displacement and contribute to university initiatives.
- Identify ways we can make have a direct impact by exploring how processes can be improved at King’s to support individuals impacted by forced displacement.
Please apply to attend the Sanctuary Workshops via this Microspft Form (https://forms.office.com/e/RbFQasPB4v)
On the application form you will be asked to rank the workshop you would prefer to attend. We will do our best to allocate you to your preferred option, dependent on spaces available.
- Applications close: Friday 9 June
- Successful applicants notified: Tuesday 13 June
As spaces are limited, applicants should hold 22 June (09.30-17.00) in their calendars and inform the Sanctuary Team as soon as possible if they are no longer able to attend so that their place can be offered to individuals on the waiting list.