Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Forensic Science MSc/MRes
The Forensic Science programme has a reputation as being the best of its type in the country. It will provide you with advanced knowledge of the forensic processes and analytical techniques (particularly chemistry and biology) used in crime investigation. It is run by King's Forensics staff whose research is at the cutting edge of innovation and advancement in the field.
- Programme fully accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
- A well-established and highly respected forensic science programme with contributions from leading forensic scientists both internal and external
- Strategic alliance with the Metropolitan Police Forensic Services Directorate and research partners with Eurofins forming the Met/ Eurofins/KCL managed forensic service provision.
- Strategic alliance with the City Police Forensic Services Directorate and currently housing their fingerprinting laboratory.
- Links with over 25 forensic laboratories and institutions worldwide provide research placement opportunities for students’ projects
- Exposure to cutting-edge technology and methodology at the forefront of forensic science research and development
- Flexible study pathway with the opportunity to extend your project to a 28-week project to gain an extra 60 Credits and the MRes qualification
“The contacts that King's has both in the UK and around the world provided me with the opportunity to do a 14 week industry placement working with cutting edge forensic technology. I was able to move into a job in Forensic Science straight after finishing the course.”
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.