Professor Catherine Geissler BDS MS PhD R Nut
Emarita Professor of Human Nutrition
- Professor Emerita of Human Nutrition 2005-.
- Appointed Professor of Nutrition and Head of the Division of Health Sciences in 1994, and Head of Department of Nutrition and Dietetics in 1990-5.
- Director of the Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Health Sciences and Practice 2000-2011.
Prior to appointment as lecturer at King's College (pre-merger Queen Elizabeth College) graduated in Dental Surgery in Edinburgh and Human Nutrition in Berkeley, California and worked in San Francisco, Teheran, and Paris.
Served on many professional committees including Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries (MAFF) Food Advisory Committee, World Cancer Research Fund grants committee, and British and American Nutrition Societies. Currently (2012-13) President Elect of British Nutrition Society.
Consultant to the food industry and to international development agencies including the World Bank, CGIAR, FAO, which involved work in Iran, Haiti, Mauritius, Sierra Leone, Niger, Benin, Senegal, Ghana, Ethiopia, Yemen, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and China.
- international public health nutrition
- energy metabolism and obesity
- iron metabolism.