Professor Eugene Shargorodsky
Telephone: +44 020 7848 1379
Office: S4.19, Strand Building, Strand Campus
Title: Professor in Analysis
Eugene Shargorodsky did his first Mathematics degree at Tbilisi State University, Georgia in 1983-1988. Eugene was then a PhD student at A. Razmadze Mathematical Institute of the Georgian Academy of Sciences, under the supervision of Roland Duduchava. He gained his PhD in 1990 and was a Senior Research Fellow at Tbilisi State University in 1990-1996. Eugene moved to a postdoctoral research position at King's in 1996 and then to a Lectureship at the University of Sussex in 1998. He returned to King's in 2003.
- Analysis: Partial Differential and Integral Equations, Spectral Theory, Functional Analysis, Complex Variables, Microlocal Analysis, Global Analysis
- Applications: Fluid Dynamics, Elasticity Theory
Selection of Publications
- Spectral pollution and second order relative spectra for self-adjoint operators, IMA J. Numerical Analysis, 24, 3, 393-416 (2004) (with M. Levitin).
- The inner variation of an operator and the essential norms of pointwise multipliers in function spaces, Houston Journal of Mathematics, 31, 3, 841-855 (2005) (with D.E. Edmunds).
- Uniqueness results for the Riemann-Hilbert problem with a vanishing coefficient, Integr. Equat. Oper. Th. 56, 115-127 (2006) (with J.A. Virtanen).
- Weighted Sobolev theorem with variable exponent for spatial and spherical potential operators, II, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 325, 745-751 (2007) (with S. Samko and B.Vakulov).
- A remark on the essential spectra of Toeplitz operators with bounded measurable coefficients, Integr. Equat. Oper. Th. 57, 127-132 (2007).
- Spectra of Toeplitz operators and compositions of Muckenhoupt weights with Blaschke products, Integr. Equat. Oper. Th. 61, 63-75 (2008) (with S. Grudsky).
- On the level sets of the resolvent norm of a linear operator, Bulletin LMS, 40, 3, 493-504 (2008).
- Bernoulli free-boundary problems, Memoirs AMS, 196, 914, 70 pp. (2008) (with J.F. Toland).
- On the definition of pseudospectra, Bulletin LMS, 41, 3, 524-534 (2009).
- The level sets of the resolvent norm and convexity properties of Banach spaces, Archiv der Mathematik, 93, 1, 59-66 (2009) (with S. Shkarin).
- Toeplitz matrices with variable coefficients, pseudodifferential operators, and Strichartz's method, Math. Nachr. 283, 1, 126-138 (2010).
- Pseudospectra of semigroup generators, Bulletin LMS, 42, 6, 1031-1034 (2010).
- On some open problems in spectral theory, Operator Theory and Its Applications. In Memory of V. B. Lidskii (1924-2008). Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. 231, 173-180 (2010).