King’s Business School welcomes academic visitors from other institutions. We have an active visitor programme and host scholars at all career stages and from all parts of the world. We value the important and exciting contributions that visitors make to our research culture and environment.
Visitors are paired with an academic member of staff based on shared research interests. This colleague acts as their sponsor. The sponsor is the visitor’s link to the School and College and supports the visiting academic application process.
Academic visitors usually stay for between one and six months (longer in exceptional circumstances). They have access to the College's library and electronic resources and access to a dedicated visitor’s workspace in Bush House. More senior visitors may be provided with an office. It is expected that visitors will support their stay with funds from their home institution or through personal means.
Visitors are expected to be involved actively in the research activities of the School during their stay, for example by offering seminars or lectures.
How to apply for an academic visit:
- Seek and secure support from an academic member of staff who is willing to sponsor your visit. You should provide a CV and a full description of the work you wish to carry out while based at King’s Business School when contacting a potential sponsor.
- Work with your sponsor to complete the visiting appointment nomination form (your sponsor will retrieve this from our intranet). Send the form, and copy of your CV, to the School Research Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be made at least three months in advance of the proposed start date of the visit. All applications will be considered, usually within one month of receiving the application, and all applicants will be informed in writing of the result of their application.
It is the visiting academic’s responsibility to handle immigration, visa, and accommodation issues.
Criteria for acceptance as a visiting academic:
- A PhD and a track record of outstanding research performance, commensurate with your career stage
- Alignment of research interests with expertise in the School
- Contribution to one or more Research Group seminars/lectures
- Sufficient fluency in English to be able to engage actively in life at the School
Invitations are subject to the number of academics already visiting the School at any given time and are made on the basis of an evaluation of the visitor’s research plans and likely contribution to the research culture and profile of the School.
Visiting research students
We welcome applications from research students who would like to study for a short period with a supervisor at King’s Business School.
To be eligible you should be a current student at another institution, either in the UK or abroad, with a viable programme of research which requires a period of study in London.
Before applying you must identify a supervisor who is an academic member of staff at King’s Business School and will personally support your application. When approaching a potential supervisor please include:
- A description of your research project
- An explanation of why you would like to work with that supervisor
- Your CV
Further details on how to apply are available here.