Show/hide main menu

Changes in your personal circumstances

Transferring your course

It may be that you would prefer to move away from London or change your programme entirely within King's or elsewhere.

Transferring is a good option early in your course - if you try to transfer beyond year one you may find that there are serious implications for your funding.

We recommend that you contact Careers & Employability for support with your career ideas and to consider any impact that transferring your course may have on these. You'll also need to check that you are able to transfer before you approach your current department.

Check with the new department/institution whether or not you are able to do a direct entry into the equivalent course level to the one that you would be leaving or if they require you to repeat some study.

We strongly believe that it is better for you to do the course that is right for you and your decision shouldn’t be guided by funding considerations. However it is advisable that you contact the Advice & Guidance Team at the earliest opportunity, so that you are aware of the impact any changes may have on your future funding. It is best to make decisions once you are aware of the full facts and implications of any action. They can advise you on the current rules and how they may affect your future plans.

If you are an overseas student you must read our information on visas, since moving institution will have implications on your immigration status.

You should speak to your current department administrator who will initiate the online transfer form for you.

Large title text
Puff image
Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2020 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454