Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

For external practitioners

Information for DSA Needs Assessors

Faculty Disability Liaisons

Faculty Disability Liaisons are available to provide information about specific courses or departments. Based within Faculties FDLs are best placed to answer course specific queries / academic concerns. Faculty Disability Liaisons can also help to answer enquiries that relate to access to buildings or facilities.

Email for the contact details of the relevant FDL.

Non-Medical Helper Support

King's College London is not registered with DSA-QAG to provide NMH services, we are working in partnership with specialist agencies to provide such support. The Disability Support & Inclusion Team has been working closely with the organisations listed below to provide Specialist Mentoring and/or One to One Study Skills Support for the majority of students in receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowances.

Assessment of Needs Reports

Please submit electronic copies of the final report to

Library services for disabled students

Library Services can provide a range of services to disabled students. These can include extended loan times for books or accessible printing facilities. The Library can also request from publishers library books and resources in an accessible electronic format.

Woman at exhibition using an audioguide.

Information for DSA QAG Registered Providers and their NMH Staff

Access to the King’s Campuses

All NMH support workers that require access to any of the King's campuses will need an IT affiliate account. This provides NMH staff with a guest ID card and an IT account. To do this, we will need a letter from the employing organisation confirming the role of the NMH staff and that they are working with King's students under the provisions of the Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs).

Once the affiliate account request has been approved, the NMH staff will receive an email with registration details and information about collecting their ID Card. Please do not visit the ID collection points before receiving the email with registration details. A valid form of ID must be presented at the collection points below to obtain the KCL guest ID card.

ID Badge Collection Points

  • Strand Campus - Security control 10:00-18:00, Monday -Friday (closed 13:30-14:30)
  • Waterloo Campus - Security desk at the Franklin-Wilkins Building, 10:30 to 11:00 and 15:30 to 16:00, Monday –Friday
  • Guy’s Campus - New Hunt's House Security desk, 08:00-18:00, Monday to Friday

Booking Rooms

Once the NMH staff has collected their ID and account details, they will be able to book rooms using our online system. There's a charge of £8/hour for NMH staff when booking rooms.  

Update on King’s College London charging policy for room booking

Dear DSA Providers,

Last year we wrote to DSA NMH providers to explain that King’s had decided to introduce a room booking charge for external NMH workers.

We have reviewed this policy, and due in the main to its negative impact on our students, have decided not to proceed with this.

As an alternative, I would like to invite your organisation to sign up to the principles outlined in the attached Memorandum of Understanding.

In short, this offers associate worker status to DSA NMH and access to our room booking service free of charge, provided you agree to providing annual reports.

Please download the MOU, sign it and email to to be able to access our room booking system free of charge.

Safeguarding policy

For further information please view the university's Safeguarding Policy

Requests for research participants

External researchers wishing to recruit staff or students from King’s College London are required to go through the 'External Research Request' procedure. It should be noted that this process does not constitute ethical review of the study, rather it is a permission procedure to ensure that only ethically acceptable studies are carried out using King's College London staff/students and premises. Responses will not be submitted for additional ethical review. To gain permission to undertake external research using King's College London staff or students, researchers should email the Research Ethics Office. Recruitment should not commence until approval/permission has been given. All queries should be sent to

2 women reading a book in the library.


King's Inclusion plans

Inclusion plan

King's Inclusion Plans record a disabled student's disability related study needs and recommended…



Advice on exam support and the type of medical evidence and documentation that is needed as a…