Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico


Evidence required for support and adjustments

In order to provide the right kind of support, we will need you to provide evidence of your disability, health condition, or learning difficulty.

Specific Learning Difficulties

These include dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia, or ADHD. 

We will need a diagnostic assessment report that is in line with nationally recognised guidelines, from a practitioner or suitably qualified specialist teacher assessor holding an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC). A diagnostic assessment should meet SASC guidelines and be based on tests recommended in the guidelines. You can find out more details on the  SpLD assessment standards committee (SASC) webpages.

Important to know: If you do not have a diagnostic report, please get in touch with Disability Support for advice. 

Medical Conditions

A recent completed medical certificate or letter from a suitably qualified medical professional such as your GP. If your evidence is more than 1 year old, we may ask you to provide a new letter from your GP confirming that the contents of the old letter are still valid and include any changes in your condition. 

If you have an Autistic Spectrum Condition, it is helpful if you can provide your full assessment.

For mental health conditions, evidence must be provided by a registered medical professional who is qualified to make a diagnosis, such as a general practitioner (GP), psychiatrist, or clinical psychologist. Please note that letters from therapists and allied professionals (including psychotherapists, counsellors, psychological wellbeing practitioners (PWPs), support workers, and social workers) are usually not sufficient as these practitioners cannot make a medical diagnosis.

If you are seeking new medical evidence it is helpful if the letter describes the following:

  • The nature of your disability, long-term medical or mental health condition
  • When it was first diagnosed
  • The likely duration
  • A brief account of how the condition affects you on a day to day basis
  • An indication of how the condition may affect your studies, including examinations
  • Any prescribed medication and the impact of any possible side effects
  • Any other coping strategies you use to manage your disability, long-term medical or mental health condition 

International Students 

If the original evidence is not written in English, you will need to provide an authorised translation. See your embassy for a list of authorised agencies. The original (untranslated) document must also be provided, and this must be signed by the author.

Submit your evidence

Send us your evidence and any questions at the address below.

020 7096 9984






Learn more

King's Inclusion plans

Inclusion plan

King's Inclusion Plans record a disabled student's disability related study needs and recommended…



Funding information for disabled students at King's.