Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

King’s Inclusion plans

What is a King’s Inclusion Plan (KIP)?

For students who may need specific support in teaching situations and laboratories etc., a King’s Inclusion Plan may be helpful.

King’s Inclusion Plans (or KIP for short) record a disabled student’s disability related study needs and recommended adjustments that can be put in place to address those needs. The King’s Inclusion Plan will advise your academic department on how best to support your engagement with your course.

To create a KIP you need to meet with a Disability Adviser to discuss your needs. Once drafted the KIP is sent to you in your Student Record Account and you can ask for amendments to be made.  Once you agree the final document, it will automatically be sent to identified staff who need to be informed.

It is your document and you can share it with any staff member you wish.  It is a live document, so at any point during your studies you can ask to amend the KIP according to any changes in learning, teaching or assessment or to reflect any changes to your disability.

Not all students with a disability will need a KIP, but please enquire if you need adjustments or additional support to access your course.

Note: examination adjustments are looked at separately via the Personalised Assessments Arrangements scheme see


How we support



Advice on exam support and the type of medical evidence and documentation that is needed as a…



Funding information for disabled students at King's.