Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico



What we offer


Welcome to Disability Support at King’s College London

The Disability Support Team offers information, advice and guidance to prospective and current disabled students. When we refer to the term 'disability' we also include long-term medical or mental health conditions and Specific learning difficulties (SpLDs).  


If you would like to know more about possible support options and cannot find the right information in these pages, contact us. The team will be happy to advise you about funding options, examples of support strategies and if helpful, arrange an information visit to the university, so you can meet with relevant staff and have the opportunity to raise any concerns you may have about studying here.

We encourage applicants to attend an Open Day for an opportunity to meet with staff and students and explore the university campus:

Current Students

If you are experiencing difficulties due to a disability or think you may have an undiagnosed disability which is impacting on your participation, there may be support solutions that will resolve the difficulties. Please contact us to book a confidential appointment to talk to a Disability Adviser either in person, over the telephone, or via Skype.

If you are a current student, visit our intranet pages to discover everything we can offer.


If you are experiencing difficulty in supporting a student that you would like some advice about, or have questions about an individual King’s Inclusion Plan, please contact the team. Each of our advisers is linked to particular faculties and central services and is the main point of contact for liaison and training.

If you would like more information on inclusive strategies that you can employ, please see our intranet pages.

What is a King’s Inclusion Plan (KIP)?

King's Inclusion Plans record a disabled student’s disability related study needs and recommended adjustments that can be put in place to address those needs. The King’s Inclusion Plan will advise your academic department on how best to support your engagement with your course.To create a KIP you need to meet with a Disability Adviser to discuss your needs. Once drafted the KIP is sent to you in your Student Record Account and you can ask for amendments to be made. Once you agree the final document, it will automatically be sent to identified staff who need to be informed.

Woman in a wheelchair reading in a park.


Funding information for disabled students at King's.

King's Inclusion plans

Inclusion plan

King's Inclusion Plans record a disabled student's disability related study needs and recommended…