For further information or guidance relating to Open Access please contact the Library Research Support team on:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7848 7298 (internal ext: 7298)
To request for funding for an APC please fill out the application for funding form
How can the Research Support Team help?
- We can give detailed guidance on the open access requirements that must be followed to ensure your papers are eligible for submission to REF2021.
- We can help you comply with your funders' open access mandates and where immediate open access (usually Gold) is required by a funder, we administer funds intended to cover APCs for which you may be eligible.
- We also have information on publisher's membership schemes and deals that can benefit King's authors - and which can offer APC discounts even when we aren't able to provide funds directly.
- We offer assistance creating publication records on Pure, and advice on the appropriate versions of documents to upload (primarily the author's accepted manuscript though sometimes final publisher's pdf).
- We can help inform your decisions about where to publish - especially when funder mandates come into conflict with publisher's embargo or licensing requirements.
- We can provide general guidance or answer specific questions on open access.