King’s Vision 2029 sets out our ambition to be a civic university at the heart of London.
Our staff, students and alumni already work closely with local charities, schools and voluntary organisations and we know that these partnerships add value to research, education and to the communities around us.
Find out more below about:
– opportunities for students and staff to partner with local communities
– opportunities for local communities and organisations, like free online learning, access to research and collaborative projects
– stories about how King’s people and local organisations have been working together.
With our home boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Westminster, we’ve identified four areas where we can do even more to serve, support and sustain our local communities:
- Education & attainment: ensuring everyone can aim high and reach their full potential
- Business & enterprise: supporting the development of thriving local economies while creating opportunities for all
- Community resilience: strengthening communities and helping them develop solutions to the problems they face
- Health & wellbeing: improving the health and wellbeing of our communities through local partnership.
To deliver on this goal, we’re building stronger relationships with local authorities and working side by side with local organisations and community leaders to develop collaborative approaches to our shared challenges. Bespoke statements of intent with our local boroughs identify areas for collaboration informed by their ambitions and King’s strengths.
King’s Civic Charter sets out our commitment to London and the people who live, work and study here.