Early Career Researchers Network
Welcome to the Department of Population Health Sciences Early Career Researchers (ECR) Network.
We are a friendly community of PhD Researchers, Research Assistants, Research Associates and Post-Doctoral Researchers, who aim to foster social and academic links, and support career development as we each progress through our work and studies.
- Establish a friendly, welcoming, and social forum for ECRs at all stages of your careers
- Provide a voice for ECRs by representing your ideas and issues to the Department and Faculty
- Host tailored seminars and events that support the professional development of ECRs
ECR Network Leads
Your Network Leads are here to listen to, support and represent your views. Please contact us if you have any suggestions or concerns, ideas for events, or wish to raise a new issue to the ECR Network, Department or Faculty.
- January (Date & venue TBC) – Improving your career prospects online – this talk will offer advice on how to use online tools (LinkedIn, Researchgate, Twitter) to promote yourself and cultivate career opportunities.
- Christmas Social event – Please bring along a bottle to the 7th floor. Optional pub afterwards but we thought holding in the department would make it easier for you to attend.
- Tuesday, 15th November 2016 14.00-15.00 – CV Clinic – In this workshop we would like you to bring a 2-3 page CV for discussion in small groups, including other ECR’s and senior staff members, where you can get feedback and advice on how to improve your CV. Please RSVP (email@example.com) so we can make sure we have enough senior staff to keep the groups small. Bring 5 copies of your CV with you.
- Thursday, 13th October 2016 12.00-13.00 – Fellowship/Research Ideas Forum – we are offering the opportunity to present your fellowship or research idea to other ECR’s. This is an opportunity to practice presenting your ideas and get feedback on your project in a friendly and informal environment. If you would like to present at this session please contact Helen (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
- Wednesday 7 September 16.00-17.00: Tips for Preparing Fellowship Applications, presented by the KCL Research Design Service
- Thursday 7 July 16:00-17:00: CV Writing Tips, presented by Dr Peter Lovell, Division of Health & Social Care Research
- Wednesday 8 June 16:00-17:00: ‘Enhancing your prospects of a successful career in academia’, presented by Dr Amy Birch from the Research Staff Development Centre
- Wednesday 3 February 2016: Early Career Researchers - Integrating Teaching Opportunities in the Division, presented by Dr Kalwant Sidhu, Lecturer in Postgraduate Medical Education, Division of Health and Social Care Research, 3 February 2016.