Dr Fabrizia Foglia
150 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NH
In 2006 Fabrizia graduated in Chemistry from the University of Naples in Italy. She commenced her PhD at King’s in October 2007, supervised by Dr Dave Barlow, Professor Jayne Lawrence and Dr Alex Drake.
Fabrizia was funded on an EPSRC research project involving biophysical studies of model biomembranes and investigation of the molecular mechanism of the antimycotic drug amphotericin.
As an integral part of her research, Fabrizia made extensive use of the ISIS neutron scattering facilities at the Harwell Science & Innovation campus in Didcot, also using the neutron facilities at the Institut Laue Langevin in Grenoble, France.
Having successfully completed her PhD studies, Fabrizia took up a post-doctoral position with Prof Paul McMillan
at UCL in May 2012.
- Dabkowska, A.P., Foglia, F., Lawrence, M.J., Lorenz, C.D., McLain, S.E. On the solvation structure of dimethylsulfoxide/water around the phosphatidylcholine head group in solution. J. Chem. Phys. 2011, 135(22):225105.
- Foglia, F., Lawrence, M.J., Lorenz, C.D., McLain, S.E. On the hydration of the phosphocholine headgroup in aqueous solution. J. Chem. Phys. 2010, 133(14):145103.
- Foglia, F., Drake, A.F., Terry, A.E., Rogers, S.E., Lawrence, M.J., Barlow, D.J. Small-angle neutron scattering studies of the effects of amphotericin B on phospholipid and phospholipid-sterol membrane structure.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011, 1808(6):1574-80.
- Foglia, F., Barlow, D.J., Szoka, F.C., Huang, Z., Rogers, S.E., Lawrence, M.J. Structural studies of the monolayers and bilayers formed by a novel cholesterol-phospholipid chimera. Langmuir. 2011, 27(13):8275-81.
- Foglia, F., Lawrence, M.J., Demeė, B., Fragneto, G., Barlow, D. Neutron diffraction studies of the interaction between amphotericin B and lipid-sterol model membranes. Sci Rep. 2012, 2:778.