Find out about former PBG staff and students......
- Dr Rubia Figueredo Gouveia was a visiting researcher from Brazil benefitting from a one-year grant from CAPES (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior).
- Dr Fabrizia Foglia completed her PhD studies in the spring of 2012 and has taken up a post-doctoral position with Prof Paul McMillan at UCL.
- Dr Lucy Tirop completed her PhD studies in the spring of 2012 and has taken up a teaching position in the Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Nairobi.
- Dr Louic Vermeer came to PBG as a post-doc in Dr Mason's laboratory funded by the MRC. After three years productive reearch he continues his career with Prof. Tony Watts at the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Oxford.
- Dr Aleksandra Dabkowska came to PBG as a PhD student in Professor Lawrence's laboratory with Dr Peter Quinn as second supervisor. She then took up a Maplethorpe fellowship in the group for 2 years before moving to Lund University in Sweden to take up a post-doctoral position with Professor Tommy Nylander.
- Dr Sylvia McLain came to PBG as an independent, Wellcome Trust Value in People (VIP) fellow. After nearly two years at King's she was awarded a prestigious EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship and moved to the Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford. Sylvia will be focussing on "Structural studies of atomic interactions in membranes: bridging the gap between physics and membrane biology".
- Dr Thomas Vargues came to PBG to work as a post-doctoral research associate in Dr Mason's laboratory directly after completing his PhD studies in Dr Dominic Campopiano's laboratory at Edinburgh University. Having successfully achieved his project goals, he returned to his native south west France and is pursuing a career with a Schlumberger affiliate.
- Yun Lan came to King's to pursue graduate studies and obtained an MSc in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Control. She then joined Dr Mason's laboratory as a research assistant before moving to Hong Kong to take up a position as a PhD student with Dr Jenny Lam.
- Gavin McGabe worked in Prof. Lawrence's laboratory for nearly four years, obtaining substantial research experience. He has now taken up a place on the MRes in Biophysics run by King's.
- Dr Nesrine Chakroun undertook her PhD studies in Dr Dreiss' laboratory. Having continued her research with Dr Dreiss' collaborator, Dr Franca Fraternali, as a post-doctoral research assistant Nesrine has recently joined the UCL Department of Biochemical Engineering as a post-doc at the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Emergent Macromolecular Therapies.
- Dr Hala Afifi completed her PhD studies in Dr Dreiss's laboratory in the summer of 2011.
- Dr Sadaf Naeem completed her PhD studies in Dr Barlow's laboratory in the summer of 2011.
- Dr Franziska Bode completed her PhD studies in Dr Dreiss' laboratory in January 2012.