Dr Maria Paula G. Peixoto
Essentii Research & Development / University of São Paulo
Ribeirão Preto, SP - Brazil
About Maria Paula
Maria Paula is a pharmacist and currently works as a Researcher for a R&D company in Brazil. Her main research interests are the development of drug delivery systems using natural products, either as active principles and pharmaceutical adjuvants, as well as in pharmaceutical processes such as drying and coating. She is also experienced in the physic-chemical and biological evaluation of active pharmaceutical ingredients and the development of analytical methods.
She holds a Master’s (2005) and a PhD degree (2009) from Brazilian Universities. During her PhD, she was a visiting researcher in Dr Dreiss’ group from March to October of 2009, working on the characterization of the self-assembly of natural surfactants (saponins). She currently has a collaborative project with Dr Dreiss to study the enzymatic cross-linking of hydrogels from pectin and casein for controlled drug release.
- Peixoto, MPG; Freitas, LAP.Spray-dried extracts from Syzygium cumini (L.) Skeels seeds: physicochemical and biological evaluation. Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy, v. 23, p. 145-152, 2012.
- Peixoto, MPG; Kaiser, S; Verza, SG; Rezende, PE; Treter, J; Pavei, C; Borre, GL; Ortega, GG. LC-UV Assay Method and UPLC/Q-TOF-MS Characterisation of Saponins from Ilex Paraguariensis A. St. Hil. (Mate) Unripe Fruits. Phytochemical Analysis, v. 23, p. 415-420, 2012.
- Peixoto, MPG; Treter, J; Resende, PE; Silveira, NP; Ortega, GG; Lawrence, MJ; Dreiss, CA. Wormlike micellar aggregates of saponins from Ilex paraguariensis A. St. Hil. (mate): a characterisation by Cryo-TEM, rheology, light and small-angle neutron scattering. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, v. 100, p. 536-546, 2011.
- Treter, J; Peixoto, MPG; Ortega, GG; Canto, GS. Foam-forming properties of Ilex paraguariensis (mate) saponin: foamability and foam lifetime analysis by Weibull equation. Química Nova, v. 33, p. 1440-1443, 2010.
- Canto, GS; Treter, J; Yang, S; Borré, GL; Peixoto, MPG; Ortega, GG. Evaluation of foam properties of saponin from Ilex paraguariensis. RBCF. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, v. 46, p. 237-243, 2010.
- Treter, J; Peixoto, MPG; Giordani, RB; Holz, CL; Roehe, PM; Tasca, T; Ortega, GG. Anti-Trichomonas vaginalis Activity of Saponins from Ilex paraguariensis (Mate) Fruits. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, v. 29, p. 914-918, 2010.
- Marreto, RN; Peixoto, MPG; Teixeira, CCC; Freitas, LAP. Analysis of pressure fluctuation during water evaporation in spouted bed. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, v. 87, p. 386-393, 2009.
- Marreto, RN; Peixoto, MPG; Tacon, LA; Freitas, LAP. Paste residence time in a spouted bed dryer. I : The stimulus response methodology. Drying Technology, v. 25, p. 821-830, 2007.
- Oliveira, HV; Peixoto, MPG; Freitas, LAP.Study on the efficiency of hard gelatin capsules coating in a spouted bed . Drying Technology, v. 23, p. 2039-2053, 2005.