Dr Payman Kassaei
Telephone: +44 020 7848 2245
Office: S4.07a, Strand Building, Strand Campus
Title: Reader in Number Theory
Dr Kassaei obtained his PhD at MIT under the supervision of Professor Steven Kleiman. After his PhD he has had positions at MSU, Brandeis and McGill University before moving to King's College in September 2006. He was promoted to a Reader in Number Theory in 2012.
Payman's general area of interest is Arithmetic Geometry. He investigates the geometry of arithmetic varieties of interest and employs them to study automorphic forms (generalised modular forms) especially from a p-adic viewpoint. He is interested in p-adic overconvergent automorphic forms and the role they play and the guidance they provide in the ongoing formulation of a p-adic Langlands programme.
Selection of Publications
- Companion forms in parallel weight one. (joint with T. Gee), Compositio Mathematica. To appear.
- Modularity lifting in parallel weight one. J. Amer. Math. Soc. (JAMS) 26 (2013), no. 1, 199--225.
- Canonical Subgroups Over Hilbert Modular Varieties. (joint with E. Goren)
J. Reine Angew. Math. (Crelle) 670, 1-63 (2012)
- Overconvergence and classicality: the case of curves. J. Reine Angew. Math. (Crelle) 631 (2009), 109--139
- A Gluing Lemma And Overconvergent Modular Forms. Duke Math. Journal 132 (2006), no. 3, 509--529.