Emeritus Professor Raymond Streater
Telephone: +44 020 7848 2220
Office: K4U.25, King's Building, Strand Campus
Title: Emeritus Professor
- Born 21 April 1936.
- Education: B. Sc. and Ph. D at Imperial College, Dept. of Mathematics, in 1957 and 1960.
- Fellow, CERN, 1960.
- Instructor in Physics, Princeton University, 1960-1961.
- Assistant Lecturer, Princeton University, Dept. of Physics, 1961-1964.
- Lecturer in Physics, Princeton University, 1964-1967.
- Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics, Imperial College, 1967-1969
- Professor in Applied Mathematics, Bedford College, 1969-1984.
- Professor in Applied Mathematics, King's College London, 1984-2001.
- Emeritus Professor, 2001- present.
- Elected member, Royal Physiographical Society, Sweden 1970
- Member, London Mathematical Society, 1969
- Life Member, International Association for Mathematical Physics
- Fellow, Royal Society for the Arts, 1996-2011.
- Winner of the Yuri Gagarin Medal, University of Zielona-Gora, 2001.
Selection of Publications
- RF Streater "Nonlinear Heat Equations" Reports on Mathematical Physics 40, 557-564 (1997)
- RF Streater and WA Majewski "Detailed balance and quantum dynamical maps." Jour. Phys. A 31 7981-7995 (1998).
- RF Streater "A model of dense fluids." Banach Center Publications 43, 381-393 (1998)
- RF Streater "Onsager relations in statistical dynamics." Open Systems and Info. Dyn. 6, 87-100 (1999).
- RF Streater, The Information Manifold for Relatively Bounded Potentials, " Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. Sci., 228, 205-223, 2000.
- RF Streater ; The Analytic Quantum Information Manifold," Canad. Math. Soc. Conf. Proc., 29, 603-611, 2000.
- RF Streater, Classical and Quantum Probability," Journal of Mathematical Physics, 41, 3556-3603, 2000.
- RF Streater and Grasselli, M. R., On the uniqueness of the Chentsov metric in quantum information theory," Infinite Dim. Anal., Quantum Info., and Related Topics, 4, 173-182 (2001).
- R. F. Streater, Corrections to Fluid Dynamics, Open Systems and Information Dyn., 10, 3-30, 2003.
- BOOK: R. F. Streater, Lost Causes in and beyond Physics; published in the series on the history and philosophy of science. Springer-Verlag, 2007.