Dr Mary Baginsky joined King's in September 2013, and continued research started while in the Children's Workforce Development Council into the progression of the first two cohorts of the Step Up to Social Work programme.
Since then she has led the evaluation of two projects in the English Innovation Programme – MTM’s Signs of Safety project across ten English local authorities and the introduction of the New Orleans Intervention Model into a London Borough. She also led a small team that conducted a scoping review of fostering research commissioned by the Department for Education to inform its fostering stocktake.
At the present time she is working on an ESRC project - Supporting and Engaging Schools in Decision-making and Multi-agency Working for the Protection and Safeguarding of Children; evaluating the West Midlands Social Work Teaching Partnership and preparing to work on the evaluation of two of the Wave Two Innovation Programme projects – the next stage of the MTM Signs of Safety project and Firstline.
In the past year she has presented papers at conferences in the UK, Hong Kong and Denmark. She convenes the Contemporary Issues and Debates in Social Work Education, Research and Practice seminar series.
Mary has held positions in academic, public, voluntary and independent and private sectors. She has worked in and with government departments and agencies in the United Kingdom and overseas, local authorities and partnerships, higher education institutions, charities and service providers.
Before coming to the Unit Dr Baginsky was:
- Professional Adviser on Research and Evaluation at Department for Education
- Assistant Director at Children’s Workforce Development Council
- Head of Research at Children’s Workforce Development Council
- Senior Consultant at GHK Consulting
- Senior Research Officer at NSPCC
During this time she was also seconded to:
- Department for Education and Skills to conduct the evaluation of the role of Investigation and Referral Support Consultants
- Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London to work on strategic options
- Department for Children, Schools and Families to support the work of the Social Work Task Force
Dr Baginsky was also a 2013 Churchill Fellow examining approaches to social work training in USA, Canada and Europe.
Mary Baginsky: ORCID iD | Research Profile at King's
Publications could not be loaded at this time. Please try again later.