Dr Miao Guo
Senior Lecturer in Engineering
Miao's research experiences in Life Sciences and Chemical Engineering has enabled her to consolidate cross-disciplinary strengths at the interface of Engineering and Natural Sciences. Her lab focuses on interdisciplinary research and experimentally and computationally understands, develops and optimises bioprocesses and waste-to-resource technologies.
In collaboration with international academics and industrial pioneers, Miao has been leading the frontier research to develop mathematical and computer algorithms in optimisation, develop new process systems engineering (PSE) models and tools, and focus on novel applications of PSE research e.g. waste-to-protein, biomanufacturing, digitalised toxicology.
- Optimisation and mathematical programming
- Process simulation and optimisation
- Hybrid modelling methods
- Biotechnology for wastewater and resource recovery
- Microbial protein and biomanufacturing
- Life cycle sustainability assessment