Professor Meg Maguire
Professor of Sociology of Education
Meg's research is in the sociology of education, urban education and policy. She has a long-standing interest in the lives of teachers and has explored issues of class, race, gender and age in teachers' social and professional worlds.
Meg has conducted ESRC-funded research into the experiences of minority ethnic trainee teachers, post-compulsory transitions and multi-agency policy in challenging school exclusion in urban primary schools.
For further information please see Meg's research staff profile.
- MA Education, Policy & Society
- MA Child Studies
- MPhil/PhD research training programme
- Visiting Professor at Victoria University, Melbourne, 2013- 2016.
- Member of international support group for the New Zealand based ‘Research, Analysis and Insight into National Standards’ (RAINS) Project, led by Professor Martin Thrupp, Waikato University NZ.
- Honorary Professor at The Education University of Hong Kong, 2021-2023.