The Future Inventors project supports the design and realisation of a new lab space in the Museum Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo Da Vinci, in Milan, Italy. The space aims to support learner engagement with STEM content through the medium of digital culture.
The research will examine and inform the development of pedagogical activities afforded by the new space. The research involves both reviews of the literature to identify appropriate educational theories to guide the design of the space and its constituent parts, and empirical research to examine:
- the development of pedagogical innovations in the space
- the professional development of teachers
- the design of teaching techniques
- the impact on participants
- the changes in confidence on the part of teachers to engage with new techniques
- the changes in perception of learners.