Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 January 2024 To: 27 March 2024
From: 25 January 2024 To: 28 March 2024
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
By studying French Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- Sciences and new technologies
- Body parts and health
- Food and local specialities
Functions may include:
- Describing an object and its functions
- Talking about the future
- Expressing intentions
- Making assumptions
- Talking about health condition
- Understanding medical instructions
- Giving one’s opinion
- Understanding and giving advice
- Expressing satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Talking about food
Grammar may include:
- The future tense
- Condition with “si”
- The pronoun “on”
- Obligation and prohibition with imperative mood
- The subjunctive with regular and irregular verbs (expression of need)
- Body and Health issues
- The pronoun “en” for the quantity
- Negative form with “ne…que”
- The superlative form
- Formation of adverbs in “-ment”
What will I achieve?
When French Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the QCF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.