Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
By studying German Level 3, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have further developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
- Inclusivity and accessibility
- Coffee and Cafés; sustainability
- Inventions and life hacks
- Looking into the future and the past; feeling the passing of time
- Describing something in detail
- Conducting surveys and interviews
- Presenting products
- Making and reacting to predictions
- Subordinate clauses with sodass
- Actions and consequences with je …, desto …
- Adjectives with -los and -frei
- The pronoun man
- Past participles as adjectives (Der Duft von gemahlenen Kaffeebohnen)
- Relative pronouns in the genitive
- Use of trotzdem
- Telling what you need (or don’t need) to do with brauchen + zu + infinitive
- Present participles as adjectives (Den Alltag erleichternde Lösungen)
- Subordinate clauses with da and weil
- Use of worin – darin
- Future I
What will I achieve?
When German Level 3 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.