GMDP Academy - Kings College London Medical Affairs in Medicines Development Programme
Life Sciences & Medicine
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Not for credit
1 year part time
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
Offered by King’s College London and the GMDP Academy (Global Medicines Development Professionals), this online CPD programme is designed for biomedical professionals working in medical affairs related functions and other areas of the medicines development arena within the biopharmaceutical industries and clinical research organisations.
It consists of six modules to be offered asynchronously online, synchronous webinars and group projects, aiming to create a well-rounded, competent Medical Affairs workforce. A CPD certificate is granted to those students completing the six modules and final assessment.
Applications open in the autumn of each year and the programme runs from January-December.
Please note the fees for this course are in USD and the GBP fee may vary depending on the exchange rate. Please see Further Information section for more details.
What does this course cover?
The CPD programme is hosted on the GMDP Academy's platform and the programme is a unique partnership between academia, industry, and professional associations aimed to foster competencies and improving performance in medical affairs and medicines development. It is anchored by a strategic collaboration between GMDP Academy and King’s College London. The full list of modules and speakers is available here.
What will I achieve?
On successful completion of this program ‘Certification in Medicines Development’ the student should know how to:
- Keep the welfare of patients and research participants at the forefront of decision-making for marketed medicines and in the design of clinical trials.
- Adopt the principles of clinical research and business ethics for the conduct of clinical trials and commercial operations within the organisation.
- Appraise the pharmaceutical business activities in the healthcare environment to ensure that they remain evidence-based, appropriate, ethical and legal.
- Evaluate the evidence for a new product candidate for clinical development and participate in the design of a clinical development plan for a target product profile.
- Participate in the design, execution and evaluation of exploratory and confirmatory clinical trials and contribute to reports for regulatory submission and manuscripts for scientific medical publication.
- Interpret the regulatory requirements for the clinical development of a new drug throughout the product lifecycle to ensure its appropriate therapeutic use, safety and risk management.
- Adopt the principles and practices of people management and leadership in using communication and interpersonal skills with key stakeholders to achieve the scientific and business objectives.
Who is this for?
If you want to leverage your career in the biopharmaceutical industry to become an experienced medical affairs professional responsible for creating and implementing strategies, communicating and generating value, with the goal to improve patient outcomes and public health, then this programme is the right choice for you.
GMDP Academy/King’s College London, Medical Affairs in Medicines Development, Certification in Medicines Development Base Program Fee: $9,800 USD.
To provide educational opportunities to students in a wide variety of countries with varying economic statuses, the Academy determines tuition fees based on several factors, including Sponsorship status (i.e. whether your tuition will be paid for by your company).
The Academy offers partial scholarships to students who are self-paying and that require financial assistance to attend the Program, employees of regulatory agencies, and those belonging to national member associations (NMAs) of IFAPP. To be considered for a partial scholarship, applicants should complete the associated fields in the application form.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Global Medicines Development Professionals (GMDP) Academy