Haemoglobinopathies Screening Programme Update
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
This study day is for non-specialist nurses, midwives and health visitors who would like to:
- develop an understanding of the antenatal and newborn sickle cell and thalassaemia screening programme in England
- gain a basic knowledge of sickle cell and thalassaemia and how these conditions are inherited
- learn how to interpret screening results
- understand the structures which support and maintain the quality of the programme
The course is funded by the NHS Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Screening Programme and is free to applicants.
What is the teaching schedule?
• Wednesday 21st September 2022