Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 January 2024 To: 25 March 2024
From: 24 January 2024 To: 27 March 2024
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Korean Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Korean-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Places and locations
- Numbers and dates
- Past activities
- In a restaurant
- Identifying the various locations of activities and objects
- Enquiring about destinations, and providing appropriate answers
- Using the Sino-Korean numbering system
- Counting items using the Native numbering system
- Using dates and days of the week
- Talking about past events
- Ordering food at a restaurant
- The dynamic location particle: [Noun]에서
- The negative verb form: 안
- The static location particle: [Noun]에
- Verbs of existence and location: 있어요 / 없어요
- The verb go [come] to: [Noun]에 가다 [오다]
- Placement of nouns: front [back, beside]: 앞 [뒤, 옆]
- The time particle: [Noun]에
- The informal polite-style, past-tense verb ending: [Adjective, Verb]았/었-
- Connective ending ‘and then’: [Verb]고
- Honorific form for an informal polite command ‘please do -’: [Verb]으세요
- Counting units for items [bottles, cups and bowls]: 개 [병, 잔, 그릇]
What will I achieve?
When Korean Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.