Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 January 2024 To: 27 March 2024
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Korean Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Korean-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Shopping (continued) and counting money
- Weather and seasons
- Leisure activities
- Purchasing fruit
- Asking the price of items
- Talking about the weather
- Discussing seasonal weather in your home country
- Asking about favourite leisure activities and replying
- Making suggestions for activities to perform
- Describing one’s views about various activities
- Adjectives with the subject particle [Noun]이/가 [Adjective]
- The particle ‘also’: [Noun]도
- Irregular verbs: ㅂ
- Connective ending ‘but’: [Adjective, Verb]지만
- The formal polite-style verb ending: [Adjective, Verb]습니다/ㅂ니다
- Connective ending ‘and’: [Adjective, Verb]고
- Suggestions ‘shall we?’: [Verb]을까요?
- Irregular verbs: ㄷ
- Pre-nouns: this [that, that over there]: 이 [그, 저]
- Expression of surprise: [Adjective, Verb]네요
What will I achieve?
When Korean Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.