Portuguese Level 2, Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- The body
- Famous people
- Brazilian and Portuguese art
- Workplace and working in Brazil and Portugal
Functions may typically include:
- Describing people (physical and personality traits)
- Giving advice on health
- Describing and giving opinions about art
- Giving opinions about work issues
- Comparing current and past work life
- Things one used to do/did for a period of time (e.g. at school, at previous job etc.)
Grammar may typically include:
- Verbs ver, ter que/de, sair
- Personal pronoun: lhe - lhes
- Ordinal numbers
- Imperfect past (pretérito imperfeito)
- Contrasting perfect past and imperfect past (pretérito perfeito – pretérito imperfeito)
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.