Research Methods Level 6 6KNIN611
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Term 1 - 8 study days spread over 11 weeks
Available course dates:
From: 26 September 2023 To: 08 December 2023
31 August 2023
This module will equip students with the ability to both understand and apply research in practice. In addition, it will enable students to extend skills in critically evaluating published nursing and midwifery research.
What will I achieve?
On completion of the module students will be able to:
- Critically discuss a variety of research designs and methods.
- Critically discuss reliability and validity in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of qualitative data analysis and presentation.
- Discuss ethical issues in midwifery and nursing research from both a social and individual perspective.
- Appraise and synthesize valid research evidence for decision making in practice.
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Nursing Education
Who is this for?
Qualified nurses & midwives
How will I be assessed?
Online MCQ - 50 questions
What is the teaching schedule?
26/09/2023, 29/09, 30/10, 31/10, 06/11, 13/11, 29/11, 08/12