Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 10 October 2023 To: 12 December 2023
By studying Spanish Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary and have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Spanish speaking countries.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Written communication
- Mobile phones and social media
- Leisure activities
- Tourists and travellers
- Travel stories
Functions may typically include:
- Reporting a piece of news
- Passing a message
- Expressing points of view
- Talking about advantages and disadvantages
- Interacting on the phone
- Receiving and leaving messages
- Talking about past events and experiences
- Passing on orders, petitions and suggestions
- Expressing cause and effect
- Telling anecdotes
Grammar may typically include:
- Contrast between Imperfect and Preterite
- Time markers
- The Pluperfect
- Contrast between Imperfect, Preterite and Pluperfect
- Conjunctions to express contrast: pero, sin embargo, sino
- No es que + Subjunctive, sino que + Indicative
- Introductory verbs for reported speech: decir, comentar, contra
- Connectors linked to the reported speech
- Reported speech in the recent past
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 3 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.