Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
By studying Swedish Level 3, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have further developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Spare time, sports and lifestyle
- Friends and social relationships
- Work and money, employment policy in Sweden
- Lifestyle and happiness
Functions may typically include:
- Talking about what you do in your spare time
- Discussing dislikes and preferences
- Agreeing and disagreeing
- Writing an email to a friend
- Comparing facts
- Understanding and discussing facts
Grammar may typically include:
- Adverbs and adjectives
- Prepositions for time
- Verbs with particles (phrasal verbs)
- Personal pronouns – subject, object and reflexive forms
- Reflexive verbs
- Word order
- Compound words
- Revision of grammar of Level 1 and 2
What will I achieve?
When Swedish Level 3 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.