We require applicants to be working at, or have obtained, a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their degree programme. Equivalencies for some countries are listed below. If your qualification is not listed please contact us for advice, indicating the country in which you are studying and the name and level of your current qualification. We may consider qualifications which are different to those below on a case-by-case basis.
Australia GPA of 3.3 out of 4 or 2:1 or 70%
Brazil 7 or higher
China GPA of 3.2 out of 4 or 80% or above.
Colombia 3.9 out of a GPA of 5
Denmark 10 or above
France 13 out of 20 or higher
Germany ‘gut’ or better
Greece 6.5 out of 10
Hong Kong GPA of 3.3 or above.
India 60% or higher
Japan 3.3 out of 4 or 80%
Italy 24 or higher
Korea (South) GPA 3.3 (out of 4.30) or 3.0 (out of 4.0)
Mexico 8 out of 10
Netherlands Minimum of 8
Norway B or better
Qatar GPA of 3.3 out of 4
Russia 4 or higher
Saudi Arabia GPA of 3 out of 5 or higher
Singapore GPA of 3.3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5
Spain 7 or higher
Switzerland 5 (out of 6) or 8 (out of 10)
Turkey CGPA of 3 out of 4 or higher
UK Results should be within the 2:1 grade bracket
USA GPA of 3.3 or above
If you have not studied at university, or do not meet our academic requirements, contact email@example.com to find out if we are able to consider your application based on other criteria.
All classes are taught and assessed in English, except ancient language modules. All applicants must have studied English to at least level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR) OR offer one of the below:
If your first language is not English or the medium of instruction at your university is not English, please provide evidence of your English proficiency from the list below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice, stating the name and level of your current qualification:
- BULATS, minimum score of 65
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate - grade B
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English - grade C
- CEFR, with a minimum score of C1
- CET-4 (China) – 550
- CET-6 (China) - 493
- GCSE/ IGCSE/ O-Level - grade C
- GEPT - high intermediate level
- GRE (verbal score) 300 (please note this is for tests taken before 1 August 2011)
- GRE (verbal score) 140 (please note this is for tests taken after 1 August 2011)
- IELTS - 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill.
- International Baccalaureate- Standard Level 4
- iTEP - Level 5
- TOEFL computer based test - score of 213
- TOEFL Internet Based Test - 93 with minimum 20 in all skills (within the last 2 years)
- TOEFL Paper based test - 583 with minimum 53 in all skills (within the last two years)
- TEM, minimum score of 70
- TOEIC, minimum score of 685 in all skills
- UEE (University Entrance Exam (China) – score of 110
We would also accept completion of an appropriate English course at The London School of English. Please contact Rosie.Ganne@londonschool.com for further information.