Dr Maria Teresa Rachetta
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 2284
Address Department of French
King's College London
Room 4.37 Virginia Woolf Building
London WC2B 6LE
Maria Teresa Rachetta obtained her PhD at the University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’ in 2015. She also studied at the University of Paris 4 ‘Sorbonne’ and at the University of Cambridge and was research fellow at the Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Storici in Naples.
- Old French, Occitan and Italian Linguistics and Literature
- Historical and General Linguistics
- Textual Criticism and Manuscripts Studies
Maria Teresa specialises in Romance languages and literatures from 1100 to 1400. Her approach is interdisciplinary, centred on textual criticism, but also making use of linguistics and literary theory, with an interest too in cultural history. Her research has focussed particularly on Old French prose historiography and Biblical verse adaptations, as well as on sermons, verse romances, and lyric poetry in French and Occitan.
Expertise and public engagement
- ‘La Bible d’Herman de Valenciennes et le problème du genre littéraire’’. Critica del Testo 17/1 (2014): 53-103
For a complete list of publications, please see my full research profile.
- Curator for two sections of the exhibition ‘The Moving Word: French Medieval Manuscripts in Cambridge’, Cambridge, University Library, 2014.