King's Professional Development Programme
We develop individuals to challenge accepted orthodoxies, think about leadership differently, and develop ways of thinking to become adaptive problem solvers.
This online programme provides a rounded and holistic approach to support you to become the best possible version of yourself as an individual, not just as a manager or leader. Our approach is founded in King’s rich heritage of ethics, cultural awareness and open thinking. In particular the course gives you the tools and opportunities for reflection that mirror our philosophy of:
- Modelling meaningful and impactful engagement with your team and stakeholders to build productivity and purpose
- Responding positively and adaptably to technological and digital change
- Cultivating an international and intercultural awareness and how this shapes interactions
Who is this course for?
The programme is pertinent for anyone with some management experience who is either making a transition (role, responsibilities, or team), planning a move, or looking to develop and consolidate their skills in their current role as a basis for future progression and success.
Course content and format
The programme provides around 18 hours of self-guided online learning on our interactive virtual learning environment, allowing you to follow the content at your own pace and giving you the opportunity to reflect, implement and practice each stage in your own context before moving on to the next topic. The content is delivered in three parts:
- Self-assessment of your style and preferences using an online psychometric tool and a report you can keep and refer back to
- Leadership and management – what are they, how are they different and why does this matter?
- A leadership competency framework you can implement in your role
- The evolution of the understanding of leadership – approaches and evaluation
- Impact and Effectiveness Part 1
- Impact and Effectiveness Part 2
- Leading Teams, including building diverse teams, inclusive leadership and trust
- Each part is followed by self-testing and reflective activities to support you in embedding and practicing the learning.
Participants who complete the programme will receive a certificate of completion and will automatically join the KBS Executive Education alumni community entitling you to further discounts on our courses and enabling you to benefit from our expertise even after you complete your course.
Our next cohort will start in April 2021. Enquire by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to receive notification when registrations open.