Collaborations and artist residencies across the university
King’s Artists brings together artists and academics to trial new ideas and test pioneering approaches, building on the university’s strong connections with the vibrant cultural community across London and beyond.
Through academic and cultural exchange, King’s Artists nurtures experimentation, supports enquiry and inspires creative responses to academic research, while providing opportunities for artists to develop their practice alongside King's researchers.
King’s has a long history of hosting and working with artists across its faculties and within its wide range of research areas. These collaborations offer distinctive opportunities to students and academics, helping to deliver world-class education and research that drives innovation, creates impact and engages beyond the university.
King's Artists brings together 35 King’s artist residences that have connected academic research with art through painting, printmaking, literature, theatre, music, performance, installation, photography, video, textiles, 3D printing, waxwork modelling, ceramics and fashion. Many of the artists and academics have presented the work and research developed at King’s during residencies on national and international platforms.
King's Artists programme
King’s Artists offers six artists the opportunity to be resident within one of the King’s faculties each year, partnering with academics to inspire new approaches to research through culture and art. It features:
- A seed funding awards programme to support new and existing opportunities that bring artists and academics together across the university
- A web portal highlighting existing residencies across King’s and providing the King’s community with a range of useful sources, case studies and opportunities for artists, academics and students
- A toolkit that offers practical advice and best practice information on developing successful residencies
- Ideas for identifying and supporting opportunities for public dissemination of the outcomes of artist residencies such as events and exhibitions
- A cross-faculty advisory group
If you have an artist residency that could be featured on the webpages, or who would like to add information to an existing King’s Artist page, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.