*Please note this programme is only available to Military students enrolled on the Advanced Command and Staff Course at the Defence Academy of the UK*
New to ACSC 24, the MSc provides an opportunity for up to 24 students to immerse themselves in and develop a fundamentally alternative skillset and approach to innovation and problem solving.
The MSc programme builds on the Advance Command and Staff Course (ACSC) and comprises a total of 180 credits as follows:
- One 15 credit compulsory module (Introduction to Critical Research Methodologies)
- One 30 credit compulsory module (International Security Studies)
- One 30 credit compulsory module (Strategic Studies)
- One 30 credit compulsory module (Operational Studies)
- One 15 credit compulsory module (Hacking for MOD)
- One 60 credit dissertation core module (Defence Research Paper)
Hacking for MoD (H4MoD) teaches ‘lean start up’ methodology through practical application to real-world UK defence problems, using the concept of ‘mission driven entrepreneurship’. In addition, the students will undertake a visit to Silicon Valley to further immerse themselves in innovation, entrepreneurship and agile methods to problem solving.
The MSc will equip students with real-life consultancy skills, in addition to developing ‘agile’ problem solving skills to enable effective and enduring innovation and change, whilst also contributing to the delivery of Defence needs now.
Please note, the MSc is open only to UK students, who already hold a 2:1 degree (outstanding applicants who do not possess this qualification may be admitted by exception).