Cevat Giray joined King's in 2019 and is currently a Lecturer of Economics at the Department of Political Economy at King's College London. He is also a Principal Economist in the Office of the Chief Economist at European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in London and Research Associate at IZA Institute of Labor Economics and London School of Economics.
His work mainly focuses on applied labour economics with a strong focus on migration, labour market inequalities, and globalisation.
His research has been covered by local and international media outlets, including Bloomberg, Business Insider, Financial Times, Harvard Business Review, Mirror, Reuters, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Times, Quartz, Vox, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and World Economic Forum.
Click here to view Cevat Giray’s website.
- Economics of Migration
- Labour Market Inequalities
- Political Economy
- PGR: Causal Inference (7SSPP048)
Work in Progress
*This manuscript has been awarded as the winner of the “Best PhD Paper Prize” by the University of London, Royal Holloway
- Aksoy, C. G. (2016). “Life Satisfaction in the Transition Region”, EBRD “A Decade of Measuring Transition” Report, Chapter 1, pp. 10-22.
- Aksoy, C. G. (2016). “Governance in the Transition Region”, EBRD “A Decade of Measuring Transition” Report, Chapter 2, pp. 26-37.
View Full Report
- Aksoy, C. G. (2016). “Gender in the Transition Region”, EBRD “A Decade of Measuring Transition” Report, Chapter 3, pp. 40-49. View Full Report