I am a Lecturer in the Department of War Studies. Prior to this appointment, I was programme director for security at Ridgeway Information. Before this, I was a Research Fellow at the International Centre for Security Analysis (ICSA) at the Policy Institute, King's College London (KCL).
My postdoctoral research was conducted at the Institute for Government and the Policy Institute at King’s, on the AHRC-funded Contemporary History of Whitehall project. Prior to postdoctoral research, I worked briefly in academic publishing and, before that, for the UK Government. I hold a PhD in political theory from the University of Cambridge, as well as degrees in European Studies and Political Science.
- National Security strategy, coordination and policy-making;
- The role of intelligence analysis in the national security process;
- UK diplomacy and foreign policy;
- UK Africa strategy, especially UK-Zimbabwe bilateral relations.
- National Security Studies
- Political Violence, Counterterrorism and Human Rights.
For a list of publications, please see my Pure Profile