BA and DPhil in English at Wadham College, Oxford from 1973-1980.
Lecturer in English at Birkbeck College, London from 1980, and Professor of Modern Literature and Theory from 1994.
2003-2012, Academic Director, London Consortium Graduate Programme in Humanities and Cultural Studies.
2012-22 Grace 2 Professor of English in University of Cambridge;
2018-22 Director of Centre for Research in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (CRASSH), University of Cambridge.
Research Interests and PhD Supervision
- Digital culture
- Literary and cultural theory
- Collective performance
- Rhetoric of social institutions
- Dream Machines (London: Open Humanities Press, 2017)
- The Madness of Knowledge: On Wisdom, Ignorance and Fantasies of Knowing (London: Reaktion 2019)
- Giving Way: Thoughts on Unappreciated Dispositions (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2019)
- A History of Asking (London: Open Humanities Press, 2023, forthcoming)
- Dreamwork: Why All Work is Imaginary (London: Reaktion, 2023, forthcoming)
You can visit Professor Steven Connor's website here