Who are the Student Money Mentors?
Our Money Mentors are current King’s students who are passionate about sharing their experiences of living on a student budget, offering money saving tips and hosting events across the year.
Learn more about the project, meet the team and follow them on Instagram for updates and current news.
You may find the following Money Mentors blogs helpful:
What's happening at King's?
The Money Mentors and the Specialist Money & Housing Advisers will be hosting workshops and stalls over the week at our different campuses to answer your questions and offer advice on particular themes.
Visit their stalls to play games, grab free goodies, and win some amazing prizes, such as entering a competition for a chance to win premium noise-cancelling headphones, Amazon vouchers and more!
Stall times and locations
You can find the stalls from 11.00 every day at the following locations:
- Monday 7 November: Bush House courtyard, Strand Campus [closing 13.30]
Theme of the day – ‘Financially supporting myself through university’. Find out about scholarships, bursaries, self-funding university and welfare benefits.
- Tuesday 8 November: Franklin-Wilkins Building library, Waterloo Campus [closing 15.00]
Theme of the day - ‘My first hustle’. Find out about part-time jobs, gig economy and side hustles.
- Wednesday 9 November: New Hunt’s House, Guy’s Campus [closing 15.00]
Theme of the day – ‘Savvy spending’. Find out about sustainable spending, travel, savings, shopping, and food.
- Thursday 10 November: IoPPN main building reception, Denmark Hill Campus [closing 15.00]
Theme of the day - ‘Bills, bills, bills’. Find out what your options are with your utility bills, rent, energy and banking.
- Friday 11 November: Strand Building, Strand Campus [closing 15.00]
Theme of the day - ‘Optimising your accounts’. Find out about banking, switch offers, ISAs, premium bonds, pros, and cons of different accounts.
‘Financial Rewind’ Workshop Series
At the ‘Financial Rewind’ workshop series, the Money Mentors and the Specialist Money & Housing Advisors will be talking about all the themes of the week and having crucial money conversations. Use this opportunity to ask questions and hear the tips and tricks the team has to offer to maximise your money.
Workshops take place in-person and online on the following dates:
- Tuesday 8 November, 13.30 – 14.30: FWB G.72, Waterloo Campus
- Wednesday 9 November, 11:00 – 12:00
- Wednesday 9 November, 16:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 16 November, 13:00 – 14:00: New Hunts House G.3, Guy's Campus
Sign-up on Eventbrite.
‘Financial Wellbeing & Financial Support at King’s’ briefing
This briefing, hosted by the Money & Housing Advice Service, will give you an overview of where to look for scholarship opportunities and charitable grants or prizes, hardship funding and other cost of living initiatives available at King’s and the student finance arrangements for home students.
Book your place at the relevant session for your cohort:
- Monday 7 November, 15.30 – 16.30, all non-health related programmes
- Tuesday 8 November, 15.30 – 16.30, all allied health courses (Nursing, Midwifery, Physios, and Dieticians)
- Wednesday 9 November. 15.30 – 16.30, all medical and dental programmes
- Thursday 10 November, 11.00 – 12.00, additional briefing and Q&A for students with caring responsibilities (children and adult dependents)
Sign-up on Eventbrite.