Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

Go to…

Update on Industrial Action

kings flag_ref

We wanted to remind you that strike action by members of the University and College Union (UCU) will take part on the dates shown below. King’s is one of 150 universities across the UK impacted by the disputes which relate to issues of pensions and pay and conditions.

  • Wednesday 15 March, Thursday 16 March, Friday 17 March
  • Monday 20 March, Tuesday 21 March, Wednesday 22 March

The university will be open on strike days, and you will be able to access the facilities and services on campus including informal study spaces, libraries and computer rooms.

Some staff may choose to strike but many other staff will be working. Staff don’t have to let us know they are striking. Your faculty or department will aim to let you know in advance and as early as possible where they can if there are any changes to your timetabled sessions.

Our student services will continue to be available. Information on how to access specific services can be found on Student Services Online. Students can also access impartial and confidential academic advice support services through our Students’ Union’s (KCLSU) Advice Service.

For questions that are about your course, please contact your faculty or department.

Answers to questions on industrial action can be found on Student Services Online. If you can’t find an answer to your question, you can submit an enquiry through our online enquiry form, please select Industrial Action as the query topic to aid a quick response.

You can keep up to date with what’s going on around King’s on the Student News Hub and King’s Student app. You can also find information on a range of extra-curricular activities and events through King’s Edge.


The university is well prepared to make sure you can access your learning, complete your programmes of study, and to progress and graduate as anticipated.

If you feel that your education has been impacted, you have the right to complain. Please read the information on making a complaint about industrial action that is available on Student Services Online. Support is also available from KCLSU's Advice Service on submitting your complaint.